I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Epidemiology

Malaysia

Since Malaria Eradication Program which was initiated in 1967 in Peninsular Malaysia there was a reduction in the number of reported malaria cases from 160,385 in 1966 to 9,110 cases in 1980.  However, the anti-malaria activities have remained the same although the concept of eradication has changed to one of control in the 1980.

In 1990:
·        50,500 cases of malaria were reported
·        69.7% (35,190) were from Sabah
·        27.8% (14,066) from Peninsular Malaysia
·        2.5% (1,244) from Sarawak
·        Plasmodium falciparum continues to be the predominant species, contributing to 69.6% of the parasites involved.
·        The case fatality rate for 1990 was 0.09%
·        There were 43 deaths all of which were attributed to cerebral malaria

Until June 1991 a total of 18,306 cases were reported for the country. The main problems faced in the prevention and control of malaria include problems associated with the opening of land for agriculture, mobility of the Orang Asli of Peninsular and inaccessibility of malaria problem areas.

During the speech by YB Dato’ Sri Liow Tiong Lai, Malaysian Minister of Health in The 63rd World Health Assembly on (21/5/2010), he stated that Malaysia has achieved the Millennium Devolepment Goals(MDG) target for malaria by halving the malaria incidence from 29 per 10,000 in 1990 to 12.3 in 1997 to 2.5 in 2009. We are now moving towards MDG – plus target of completely eliminating Malaria infection by 2020.


Worldwide

 It is estimates that malaria causes 250 million cases of malaria and approximately one million deaths annually. The majority of cases occur in children under 5 years old and pregnant women. Precise statistics are unknown because many cases occur in rural areas where people do not have access to hospitals or the means to afford health care. As a consequence, the majority of cases are undocumented.



Malaria is presently endemic in areas of the Americas, many parts of Asia, and much of Africa; however, it is in sub-Saharan Africa where 85– 90% of malaria fatalities occur. In drier areas, outbreaks of malaria can be predicted with reasonable accuracy by mapping rainfall.Malaria is more common in rural areas than in cities; this is in contrast to dengue fever where urban areas present the greater risk.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia,
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,
    ?Esophageal cancer,?Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,?Hodgkin lymphoma
    ?Intestinal cancer,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,?Multiple myeloma,?Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,?Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer
    ,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,?Vaginal cancer,?Vulvar cancer
    HIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder,
    Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete